Terms & Conditions
How Good is Golf Show Competition PROMOTION, 2023 TERMS AND CONDITIONS, July 2023
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
The promoter is Stock Shot Productions Pty Ltd (ABN 82 662 574 923) of 164 Hargrave Street, Paddington NSW 2021 (“Promoter”).
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 21 years of age and over who are willing to travel to Sydney (if selected as a winner).
3. Employees and immediate families of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex- spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step- parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences at 12:01am AEST on Friday 4 August, 2023 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on Saturday 20 October, 2023 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, individuals must complete the following steps during the relevant Entry Period:
a) visit the competition page on the How Good is Golf website at
b) complete all questions and requested details on the competition entry form as prompted including full name, postcode, handicap, phone number and a valid email address;
c) then submit a written response in 25 words or less explaining “How good is golf?” (“Competition Question”); and then
d) submit the fully completed online entry form.
By entering this promotion and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, entrants agree to
receive Genesis and How Good Is Golf (Stock Shot Productions) marketing communications.
6. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that any content submitted in their entry is an original creative work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Entries that contain
prohibited or inappropriate content or are otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions will not be eligible to win.
7. Only one (1) entry per person is permitted per person during the Promotional Period.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on the originality, creative merit of the response submitted and how well it encapsulates the Competition Question. The judges may select additional reserve entries in the Entry Period, which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant.
12. The winners will be notified in writing by email and telephone (if required).
13. The best valid entry from all valid entries in the Entry Period, as determined by the judges, will win the following prize valued at up to AUD$12,000. Prize to be fulfilled at a mutually agreeable time after to 21 October, 2023.
Prize inclusions are as follows:
• 2 x economy return flights to Sydney from any capital city in Australia (winner plus a guest) • 2 x nights accommodation in a hotel 4 Stars or above, twin share in Sydney
• Winner and their guest to join Paul Gow for 18 holes of golf in Sydney
• 1 x Genesis loan vehicle car for the weekend
• 2 x sets of TaylorMade golf clubs
14. The winner and their guest will be responsible for any ancillary costs associated with taking a prize, including but not limited to travel costs to and from the airport. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. Additional spending money, meals, taxes, insurance, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute
discretion. Winners may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
15. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, pandemic or any other kind of disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion, or suspend, substitute or modify a prize.
16. The Round of Golf with Paul Gow element awarded as part of each prize provides the winner with an opportunity to meet play a round of golf with Paul Gow. The Promoter accepts no responsibility and will not offer any alternative in the event that this element of the prize cannot be offered for any reason.
17. The Genesis loan vehicle to be loaned as part of the prize is subject to Genesis Motors Australia’s standard terms and conditions in relation to vehicle loan arrangements, including any applicable age restriction and license requirements. The winner must sign any document or agreement that Genesis Motors Australia requires before accepting and using the loan vehicle (including any deed of release and indemnity).
18. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize at a mutually agreed time with the promoter (or an element of a prize) at/by June 30, 2024, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
19. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
20. Total prize pool value is up to AUD$12,000.
21. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be
taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
22. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) they will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content to the uses contemplated by these Terms and Conditions, and the Content does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/ creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and
(f) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
23. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates,sub-licensees and prize suppliers a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter and prize suppliers using their name, likeness, image and/ or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/ or supplied by the Promoter or prize suppliers.
25. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
26. Any cost associated with accessing the How Good Is Golf competition page is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
27. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
28. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the round of golf is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) taking/use of and/or participation in the prize.
29. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner (and his/her companion) must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
30. The prize suppliers are Hyundai Motor Company Australia trading as Genesis Motors Australia (ABN 58 008 995) and TaylorMade Golf Australia (ABN 37 625 648 446)
website terms and conditions
The term ‘Stock Shot Productions Pty Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Stock Shot Productions Pty Ltd, the owner of the website, whose registered office is 182 Tuckwell Road, Castle Hill, NSW 2154 Australia, ABN 82 662 574 923. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the website user.
Your use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice.
3. Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the performance, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law.
4. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
5. This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, appearance, look and graphics of the website. Any reproduction of the website’s material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
6. All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
7. Unauthorised use of this website may be a criminal offence and/or give rise to a claim for damages.
8. This website may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
9. Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of News South Wales.
10. You may only use the website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the website.
11. These terms and conditions do not relate to your use of any product or service described on our website unless otherwise agreed. You must refer to the individual warranty relevant to any particular product or service.
12. These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
13. You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your use of the website.
14. The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by www.howgoodisgolf.com.au and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
15. By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable you must not use this website.
16. In no event will we be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense including legal costs and expenses (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you in connection with the use of this website.
17. Any advice, statements, opinions or information contained on this website have been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situations or needs. Before acting on any such advice, statements, opinions or information on this website, we recommend that you consider whether it is appropriate for your circumstances and seek professional advice where necessary.
18. Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.